Tabitha Farrar talks to Dr Graham Redgrave about the research done at Johns Hopkins looking into higher weights and a faster rate of refeeding patients with Anorexia in an inpatient hospital setting. The conversation includes:
- Refeeding intakes, traditional expectations versus new developements
- Problems with low target weights
- Relapse prevention programs
- Lower rate of relaspe for patients who reach higher BMIs in treatment
- The case for higher caloric intakes once the risk of refeeding syndrome is past
- What refeeding syndrome is, and research around this
- How and when treatment fails patients.
- Why we need to challenge the current guidelines pertraining to refeeding intakes
Link to the orginal study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25625572
Support this podcast via Patreon!
You can support this podcast and ensure the continuation of it by pledging a patreon donation here: https://www.patreon.com/Eating_Disorder_Recovery_Podcast
We want your feedback on these podcasts!
Please take a second to fill out this survey with feedback so we can make these podcasts even better:
Subscribe to these podcasts in iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/eating-disorder-recovery-podcast/id1138563928?mt=2
Adults in recovery community Slack Group: http://tabithafarrar.com/slack-forum/
Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/EDMealSupport/