This podcast is the second part from my conversation with inspiring Eating Disorder Advocate JD Ouellette on resources available and lessons leant from parenting a child through an eating disorder.
JD’s daughter became ill with Anorexia at age 17, and Family Based Therapy was a crucial part of her recovery. In this episode, we delve more into the dangers and complications that speciality diets pose to the recovering sufferer, the role of the entire family and the importance in getting Dads involved in treatment, and so much more … including chickens!
Follow @JugglingJenn on Twitter.
Topics discussed in this podcast:
- FBT (Family Based Therapy) resources and methods
- Online help for parents and where to go to learn more
- Understanding eating disorder behaviour in your child
- How parents can prepare mentally to treat a child with an Eating Disorder.
- The role of families in Eating Disorder Treatment.
- What to look out for if you suspect your child is suffering from an eating disorder
- Vegan diets and Eating Disorders
- Dangers associated with recovered sufferers acting as Eating Disorder Therapists
- The importance of Eating Disorder Advocacy and Storytelling
Links to resources mentioned in this podcast:
USCD Eating Disorder Center for Treatment and Research
Laura Hill’s TED Talk
The Venus Fly Trap and the Land Mine: Novel Tools for Eating Disorder Treatment
Brave Girl Eating by Harriet Brown