In this podcast Tabitha Farrar talks to pediatrician Julie O’Toole. We discuss:
- Progression of the Kartini Clinic – Kartini Clinic is an internationally recognized pediatric eating disorder treatment program for boys and girls.
- Strength of outpatient setting for treating eating disorders in both children and adults.
- Importance of empowering parents to help continue treatment in the home
- Steep stepdown of IP to OP and how this can be overcome
- What the process of putting a child into a higher level of care looks like from the intake form onwards
- How attitudes towards eating disorders have changed over the last couple of decades
- The importance of a food-first approach for weight restoration
Kartiniclinic.com –> Kartnini Blog
JULIE O’TOOLE, MD, MPH CEDS
Dr. Julie O’Toole is founder and Chief Medical Officer of Kartini Clinic. Dr. O’Toole is a board certified pediatrician and has been in private pediatric practice for more than two decades.
Support this podcast via Patreon!
You can support this podcast and ensure the continuation of it by pledging a patreon donation here: https://www.patreon.com/Eating_Disorder_Recovery_Podcast
We want your feedback on these podcasts!
Please take a second to fill out this survey with feedback so we can make these podcasts even better:
Subscribe to these podcasts in iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/eating-disorder-recovery-podcast/id1138563928?mt=2
Adults in recovery community Slack Group: http://tabithafarrar.com/slack-forum/
Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/EDMealSupport/