In this podcast, Tabitha talks to Dr Jennifer Gaudiani about her new book "Sick Enough."
Part One: Not Enough Calories
- 30,000 Foot View: What happens when you starve yourself?
- Going into Hibernation
- Hormones and Bones
- The Empty Tank
- Extreme Presentations
- Starting to Eat Again
Part Two: Purging
- 30,000 foot view: What is Purging, and Why Does it Cause Medical Issues?
- What Happens to the Body Physically?
- Electrolytes and Stopping Purging
Part Three: Binge Eating Disorder and Weight Stigma
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
Part Four: The Unmeasurables
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Associated Conditions
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) and Associated Conditions
Part Five: Specific Populations (A Series of Short, Case-Based Chapters)
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (DMT1) and Concurrent Eating Disorders
- Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID)
- Elite Athletes
- Male Patients
- Gender and Sexual Minorities
- Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Older Patients
- Comorbid Substance Abuse
- Caring for the Patient Who Declines Treatment: The Spectrum from Mandated Treatment to Hospice Care